ramen broth is meant to be consumed piping hot with the bowl in your hands sip by sip
also I make the best ramen broth from scratch ngl here’s my secret recipe:
- 2 cups of water is optimal for the richest broth bc it’s 2 cups of water to 1 packet of noodles
- 1 big spoonful of red miso paste
- a couple dashes soy sauce
- a few splashes somen soup base (you can get this in the “Asian grocery” aisle
- maybe 2 tsps curry powder
- furikake (dried seaweed/sesame seed topping, also available in the “Asian grocery” aisle)
- spicy sesame oil (you know where to go… do we sense a recurring theme?)
when your water boils you mix the miso in, really mix it into the water bc it’s globby. lower the heat so it’s simmering, not boiling, bc it can and will boil over if unchecked. put in your soy sauce and your somen base (which is just more soy sauce, some rice wine, mirin and bonito and other stuff) and let that simmer a minute. if you pour the other sauces in while your soup is boiling it’ll cool the temperature down a bit but all the same it’s best to turn the heat down
cook your noodles! 3 mins. when they get soft enough to break apart without snapping sprinkle the curry powder in.
so before I’ve done any of this I’ve already fried up three slices of spam and set that aside to cool on a paper towel. when the spam is half done is when I turn the heat on under the water.
while your noodles are cooking you should fry an egg and leave the yolk runny so you can put it on top of your ramen and mix it into your broth which makes it extra rich
sprinkle liberally with furikake and sriracha and hot sesame oil! eat the spam on the side. I like to have some spicy bamboo shoots you get jarred at Asian grocery stores on the side as well.
yum yum yum! Sounds good :)