It’s discouraging to find out that an artist one once thought was talented is actually a racist.
Race is not subject to interpretation. George and Angelina’s baby is biracial. Sorry if that does not adhere to your all-important “vision,” but by white washing this character, you are erasing Angelina’s race.
So I don’t think anon is unreasonable. You are simply a racist. And ableist, as you honestly think it’s ok to refer to some of your readers who may not understand sarcasm as “specials.”
I was going to ignore this one, but I can’t.
wow. just freaking wow.
‘so the artist will not let me reblog this’- do you have any clearest idea that you’re not actually allowed to reblog asks and answers on tumblr? do you? I guess not. There’s nothing to do with me.
‘if anyone interested’ sounds like O my god, everyone, look, viria is a fucking racist. go unfollow her.
I deleted all the asks connected to this to ‘escape the drama’ but I feel like some people just need to find a reason for this.
Is this message an intention to offend or upset me? well, great, congrats. you can be proud of yourself.
I love it how people absolutely ignore what I am actually trying to say… just to call me a racist and get as many people to think like this as they can.
Have you nothing else to do with your life or what?
I am not erasing Angelina’s race, goddammit. I only wanted to make Fred II looking like his died uncle, that’s it.. also I loved how you absolutely ignored the part when I am saying that I do see Roxanne as being mixed and I have nothing against it.
Also I love how you ignore the actual genetic possibility for a child of multicoloured parents to be completely white. or completely black. There is bunch of people who wrote me that they\their friends has one black parent and they are really pale-have freckles-etc
You can’t say I am whitewashing the character you don’t ACTUALLY know how he looks like.
I have a few dark skinned OCs, I always draw dark characters the way they are made, I have nothing against dark people, because probably the most stupid reason to dislike someone is their skin colour or appearance.
so, thank you that you made me looking like that. also, thanks for bad mood.
thank you for tagging this with my name and racist, that would sure make me see this.
now leave me the fuck alone. I am tired explaining what I am trying to say, tired of you thinking I am a racist when I am not. just. fucking. tired.
Can people just stop making all these accusations and actually look at the FACTS?
1. George Weasley married Angelina Johnson. They had two children: Fred and Roxanne.
2. George is described (among other things) as: having “flaming red hair” (Philosopher’s Stone). He is played by Oliver Phelps who has ‘light skin’.
3. Angelina is described (among other things) as: “a tall black girl” (Goblet of Fire). She is played by Danielle Tabor and Tiana Benjamin, both of whom could be said to have ‘dark skin’.
4. Joanne Rowling has not stated (so far as I know) what colour skin either of their children have, only that Fred is named for his uncle.
5. I have read that light-skinned parents can have dark-skinned children, and vice versa (that dark-skinned parents can have light-skinned children), usually due to ancestral genes. So it’s
perfectly plausible <EDIT>unlikely though still possible<EDIT> for George and Angelina (who are light- and dark-skinned respectively) to have EITHER or BOTH light- and/or dark-skinned children.
6. Viria draws Harry Potter fan art. She may draw Fred II as either light- or dark-skinned, but she chooses to draw him light-skinned because that way he’ll look more like his uncle, Fred, as this was her intention in her art.
Either way, her drawings are her interpretation of what the characters look like. NOT anyone else’s. It’s fine for people to give constructive criticism, ask questions, or comment on her work, but it’s NOT ok to accuse her of racism, and put a black mark on her name, when she isn’t even guilty of it. It is especially unfair since she has already given reasons (very rational ones too, and multiple times) as to why she decided to draw Fred II light-skinned, which have been ignored, twisted, or misinterpreted.
So that’s my say. Just, please, stop judging Viria, she doesn’t deserve all this. She is a person and should have the right to express herself freely.